Author Topic: Charlie Harpers  (Read 3244 times)

Offline mark295

• Secure Member
    • View Profile
Re: Charlie Harpers
« Reply #15 on: December 20, 2015, 05:29:48 AM »
Hi Baz
I have texted Sung Eng 4 times now and no response
Have also sent PM's to  a few members but responses
All  good though, i will sort something out
Thanks anyway Baz
cheers

Offline LM

• secure member
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 20, 2015, 06:22:12 PM »
Can u try to call?
working away from home......46 weeks a year

Offline repoman44444

• Secure Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 27, 2015, 08:41:27 AM »
   Myself and several others have given up on her.    I stuck my neck out posting that info.    Now for some reason she will not get on this forum, facebook, answer phone calls or texts.    i think she has so much money she simply does not understand business and the work it takes.   Thinks it is like a river, unending.   Unfortunately i fear a drought is coming.
    2 or 3 days after Tony's cremation she hired a gay waiter.   Not just a ""Normal"" gay but a ladyboy.   Weara dresses and lipstick.   A really ugly one.   (Hate tp say that but he is).        Moved a young Khmer guy in a couple weeks after Tony's passing.   No one knows exactly who or what he is except he spands a lot of time drinking and playing pool.    Nice enough guy, but why??
    Bar business has be down well over 50% now.    Food service the same.

Offline stevo

• Secure Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 27, 2015, 01:02:29 PM »
:(

Offline npmole

• Secure Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 28, 2015, 10:56:29 AM »

Moved a young Khmer guy in a couple weeks after Tony's passing.   No one knows exactly who or what he is except he spands a lot of time drinking and playing pool.    Nice enough guy, but why??

Most of the regulars know its her brother and its about feel more secure.

Offline hyku1147

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 28, 2015, 08:35:03 PM »
Grief takes time to heal.

Offline spencerboy

• Secure Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 29, 2015, 12:24:18 PM »
Hi Baz
I have texted Sung Eng 4 times now and no response
Have also sent PM's to  a few members but responses
All  good though, i will sort something out
Thanks anyway Baz
cheers
Sun Eng does not do texts as her written English isn't very good (Hey, it's probably better than my Written Khmer, or German for that matter) so it's best to call. To be fair I am sure there is room as I know it's not full so just turn up if you have not booked already.

(Sorry for the late reply to your PM.)

I'll go to heaven for the climate and hell for the company.

Offline LM

• secure member
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 30, 2015, 06:25:17 AM »
   Myself and several others have given up on her.    I stuck my neck out posting that info.    Now for some reason she will not get on this forum, facebook, answer phone calls or texts.    i think she has so much money she simply does not understand business and the work it takes.   Thinks it is like a river, unending.   Unfortunately i fear a drought is coming.
    2 or 3 days after Tony's cremation she hired a gay waiter.   Not just a ""Normal"" gay but a ladyboy.   Weara dresses and lipstick.   A really ugly one.   (Hate tp say that but he is).        Moved a young Khmer guy in a couple weeks after Tony's passing.   No one knows exactly who or what he is except he spands a lot of time drinking and playing pool.    Nice enough guy, but why??
    Bar business has be down well over 50% now.    Food service the same.

Such a. Shame, I did fear some thing like will happen.

In my honest opinion the place needs a western face. To succeed I know no would ever be like tony but it needs a western face to deal with the expat side of things.

I thought maybe  Grimsby dave or 'mark' would have done it in the short or long term to be honest as me and tony spoke about who could run it while he went on holiday or took a break. I always suggested those and he said he agreed..... He just never got around to that trip out of CH.

Any way,  I wish all , all the best

Offline npmole

• Secure Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 26, 2016, 12:59:15 PM »
small update

Yes Tony is still dead and yes Charly Harpers will never be the same.
And even after people were complaining on facebook that Charly Harpers is now the most gay friendly place in Sihanoukville (Note: this happened after the one ladyboy stopped working there already), there are still good and fun people coming to Charly Harpers, keeping up Tonys spirit. I noticed the last weeks, that there are on an average afternoon, about 10-20 people sitting outside enjoying themselves.
In the meantime, Sun Eng bought some new chairs for outside, had the fans fixed, installed some new light outside and painted the bar freshly.

Offline LM

• secure member
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 29, 2016, 01:50:49 PM »
That's good to hear....

Nice to know she is trying, and people are still enjoying CH as it was meant to be,

Good to have an update, being out if the area I had no idea

Offline repoman44444

• Secure Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 06, 2016, 11:25:59 AM »
Sung Eng let the ladyboy go the same day I posted that.   There were many customers  unhappy about the ladyboy working there.
   Yes, Sung Eng with a lot of help from Andrea is trying hard to make the place work.   I have never posted anything negative about her except for hiring the gay.
    Charlie Harpers' has been my favorite drinking/eaing spot since May 2012.   AND still is.

Offline LM

• secure member
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 06, 2016, 07:37:38 PM »
Good stuff,

I know it's not your job but you should ask Andrea or your self to keep the forum updated and Facebook...

Lots of people/friends come here and Facebook to keep up to date

Offline Lantern

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 09, 2016, 06:36:43 AM »
Bangkok Murder Suspect Artur Segarra Arrested In Sihanoukville
Published on 7th February 2016 by Stickboy BKK

Cambodian authorities have captured Artur Segarra, the main suspect in the kidnap and murder of David Bernat in Bangkok last month, on Sunday night at guesthouse in Sihanoukville.

Early reports say the 36-year-old was arrested at around 7.40pm on Sunday at Charlie Harper’s Bar located in central Sihanoukville with local media sharing details of his passport number and Cambodian visa dated 8th Oct 2015.

He will be transferred to the immigration department on Monday morning where he will likely be dealt with in a speedy manner for entering the country illegally before being handed over to Thai police for questioning relating to his role in the murder of David Bernat whose dismembered body was discovered in the Chao Phraya river last week.

Thai media have reported they have evidence against Segarra including where he held his victim captive for several days following his disappearance on 20th January.

A statement from his girlfriend Pridsana Seanubon also implicates Segarra in the murder.

During questioning on Saturday she told investigators her boyfriend of six months was responsible for kidnapping and killing Bernat before chopping him up and disposing of the body parts at various locations on the Chao Phraya river.

Photo Credits: Huy Bunleng / Preah Sihanouk Police

not posting the link to stickboys site ...... last time it gave sinbad a little shock with a re-direct to gaydar .

Offline npmole

• Secure Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 09, 2016, 10:54:56 AM »
He just checked in at CH and played pool all afternoon. Some well known customers recognized him, informed the police and kept him busy until them arrived.
No helicopters on the roof and no swat unit jumping threw the window  :cry2:

Offline philobert

• Secure Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 10, 2016, 05:48:26 AM »
all publicity is good publicity...

or something like that.

phil
eamus catuli....  *_*

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29