back to Sihanoukville Online
June 20, 2009, 05:55:28 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: We've got Videos! Check out the new Sihanoukville Video section!

Home   Help Calendar Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Arriving in Sihanoukville?  (Read 1688 times)
londonmail
Secure Member

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: May 24, 2009, 08:37:41 PM »

in 3 weeks casper... not sure where to stay yet... last time was goldens sands.. not sure where this time something a lil more authentic... i want a safe and air con and  a hot shower  any suggestions

my mate talked me into it... booking my flights to bkk tuesday
casper
Secure Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: May 24, 2009, 09:16:13 PM »

Not many places with a room safe ...... but if you like the area around the Golden Sand, then I can recommend the Beach Club Resort, just down the road close to Angelo's restaurant and Happy Herb Pizza Smiley

They have room safes, a swimming pool and probably the best customer service i've seen in town. I hear that the prices have dropped for the low season as well.

http://www.beachclubcambodia.com

Snookygirl
Secure Member

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 24, 2009, 10:32:06 PM »

I can recommend the Beach Club Resort, just down the road close to Angelo's restaurant and Happy Herb Pizza Smiley

They have room safes, a swimming pool and probably the best customer service I've seen in town. I hear that the prices have dropped for the low season as well.

http://www.beachclubcambodia.com

Now you make me blush again Casper.... Cheesy But yah we got our Off Season Prices on the website now!!

Booch - if you are interested then send me a PM because of cause I will go a bit lower (pricewise..) than that for The Board Members here   Wink
casper
Secure Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: May 24, 2009, 10:47:51 PM »

see what I mean about customer service?! Smiley
Snookygirl
Secure Member

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 24, 2009, 11:39:49 PM »

You know - to me the thing is that there are a lot of available rooms in Snooky, new ones just about to open up and still more being built.And to a certain degree within the different categories being offered here a room is still only a room. So yah I try and teach my staff also to focus on the smaller more personal things to make our guests stay in Snooky easier and more enjoyable   Smiley

For myself whenever I stay in hotels, the things that bring me back staying there again are often Costumer Service and personality....

But then again - you can't please them all and I have had a Board Member staying when we just opened up who was thoroughly unhappy and checked out after 1 night.Unfortunately he never told us at the time about the dead gecko in his friends room - so we couldn't carry out a funeral.My apologies.
Admittedly by mistake my staff put him in the wrong room at check in so there was also a fistsize hole in the wall of the bathroom.... Embarrassed    Can't change it now but I could have then - still wish I knew!
londonmail
Secure Member

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 25, 2009, 12:35:10 AM »

cool..im just about to have a look on the link ....let u know dates sooon ..thanks u2....
londonmail
Secure Member

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 25, 2009, 12:40:47 AM »

i guess there is air con....  i liked that area so will confirm with my other pal first close to an ealy booze in paddys lol.... hppy is the best pizza i  ate all holiday..  my first  day i ha kalamare  in angelos......mistake  lol  liquid dinner for 3 days after until i had hunger pains lol...   angelos mixed grill was nice ..koka kola ribs to...lol
the squid was looked ike it could have still swum...lol
Snookygirl
Secure Member

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 25, 2009, 01:21:18 AM »

You're right there is AirCon and ceiling fans, Free WiFi everywhere, Large fridges,Cable TV with the usual about 60 channels, Swimming Pool, Safe parking and 24 hours security.....Looking forward to a PM from you londonmail..... Wink

Angelos did great food IMHO so I'm sad to say that Jimmy and André have sold it and it's now closed for the Rainy Season.... Sad

booch
Secure Member

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 25, 2009, 01:38:39 AM »

Do you know who they sold angelo's to. I'm suprised they got shut of it cause it always seemed busy and jimmy was a good host.     Is jimmy still about town or has he left. Last time I saw him he was on crutches after his bike accident
casper
Secure Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #39 on: May 25, 2009, 01:40:28 AM »

He's been away, but is back here now. Apparently he's brought his brother with him too, but not met him yet.
booch
Secure Member

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 25, 2009, 01:44:14 AM »

I remember jimmy saying he bro was a top notch chef at some top hotel. should be interesting if there going to do something together
Snookygirl
Secure Member

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 25, 2009, 04:30:09 AM »

I was told who they sold it to but only remember that it was to someone from 'out of town'..... Embarrassed  Help here Casper - you sat right next to me at when that came up in Jack's Shack.....

Had a drink or 2 with Jimmy the other day and he's down to 1 crutch and riding his motorbike again.Jimmy recently opened The Aegean Guesthouse just next to Golden Sands and behind Dan Meat and André started some kind of internet business with Steve Flyer (Lake) and 27 Khmers.
casper
Secure Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #42 on: May 25, 2009, 04:59:25 AM »

Sorry, can't help you there Snookygirl ..... you started earlier in the drinking stakes, but I sure caught up quick <hic> Sad
Snookygirl
Secure Member

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 25, 2009, 05:07:30 AM »

<hic> Sad

See this is what beer does to you - switch to Vodka You Lightweight...... Cheesy

Fancy 1 for Sunset...?  Well I'm heading for the beach anyway - I just love the Rainy Season with a bit more time on my hands......
londonmail
Secure Member

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 25, 2009, 05:10:27 AM »

is  there  a lot  of places shut?   thanks snooky  Huh
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TopOfBlogs  All Things Thailand
Webworks UK | Hostworks UK Powered by SMF 1.1.8 | SMF © 2006-2008, Simple Machines LLC | LoFi Version Valid XHTML 1.0! Valid CSS!